Sunday 10 May 2015

Call me Leia


I had been dreaming of a gold bikini for quite some time. I can't remember whether it started while watching princess Leia in Star Wars or Shakira in her Loca videoclip.

The quest might also be caused by both my adoration for gold and my love for bikinis. Nevertheless I'm no smooth bikini-buyer. Bikinis, like coats, have to be perfect, for the fact that they'll be worn alone, 'cause I'm not that kind of gal who wears a load of jewelry to spruce up my bikini, imagine the tanlines... 

Essentiel Antwerp has always been my cup of tea. Sadly its price tags don't afford a monthly purchase, while its pieces do permit to be worn daily. They're pretty and refined but not exuberant nor ultra eye-catching. When I discovered this spring's beach collection, my heart started pumping a little faster. They had a gold bikini. Furthermore, I was to attend an event celebrating the Flash collection, so I started wondering if a bikini could be worth 95euros.

The event was quite crowded and we had to wait in line for the fitting rooms. In the meantime we could enjoy Cointreau Frizz cocktails (that might help in deciding...). So after 30 minutes waiting it would be a pity not to like this bikini. So I bought it. Because I liked it, not to make up for the waiting. As I tried it on it was gorgeous. It fitted perfectly and the bottoms fortunately were no tiny pieces of fabric but covered it all just right. The only thing I liked a little less is the fact that it doesn't have any padding, so it can be quite showing when in the cold. But hey, I saw that nipples are a thing this season.

Love, Naomi

Shop essentiel here

No comments:

Post a Comment